DESIGN ENGINER – RD 12221
Function: Engineering (R&D, Manuf. Eng.)
Localization: India – Maharashtra – Pune
Contract type: Standard jobs
Publication date: 8th November 2017
Faurecia is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Technical Perfection and automotive passion” is what defines Faurecia. We design, engineer and provide the best in technology, systems and services for automobile makers in every major market on all five continents. If you share our ambition for technical perfection and our passion for all things automotive, Faurecia has a career for you.
“Faurecia, a driving force…for your professional growth.”
Our FIS is looking for a Design Engineer for its Technical Centre at Pune.
The main missions of the role are to:
- Perform engineering assignments as part of design/ project team for various projects assigned, following and applying the systems and standards set by Faurecia & OEMs under the guidance of Customer Design Leader / Product Design Engineer.
- Uses appropriate software to develop 3D models and drawings that meet engineering specifications.
- Responsible for assigned zone / parts by Customer Design Leader in project.
- Responsible for the design of the parts of the respective zones w.r.t the project input by the Customer Design Leader / Product Design Engineer /counterpart.
- Follow the work description sent by the counterpart.
- To have effective communication with Faurecia counterparts (Product Design Engineers) using appropriate tools ( AT & T, tele conferencing, emails or presentations ).
- Estimate time required for completion of the assignment & plan for meeting the delivery date with the Customer Design Leader / Product Design Engineer .
- To be able to participate in design reviews.
- Follow the systems and procedures of Faurecia.
- Meet Faurecia expectations in terms of quality, cost and delivery of projects assigned.
- Complete the assignment within the estimated time on or before the decided delivery date.
- Ensure regular and timely timesheet punching and approval.
- Anticipate the potential issues regarding assembly, tooling, design flaws, etc and intimate the Customer Design Leader.
- Be innovative and propose various design solutions.
- Plan the activities to optimize the time, considering the lead time required for the clarification from Faurecia counterpart ( this includes studying the assignment, checking the input, work description & estimation).
- To assign the work and mentor the CAD engineers and GETs.
- Ensure maximum usage of templates and macros.
- To adhere and respect shift schedule and timings.
- To plan leaves in advance with prior intimiation to Design and Development Team Leader and Customer Design Leader / Product Design Engineer.
- Respond to all training invitations and ensure 100% training attendance for all accepted trainings.
- To ensure flexibility and multi-tasking to work in different work groups and projects.
- To discuss with the counterparts in case the Customer Design Leader / Product Design Engineer is not present.
- To uphold & abide by code of ethics & Management
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Bachelors Degree / Diploma in mechanical/ automobile/ production/ polymer engineering with prior plastic part design experience of minimum 3 – 6 years in CAD Softwares (CATIA / IDEAS / UG etc).
- Automotive industry background
- Prior plastic part design experience of minimum 3-4 years in relevant engineering domains (interiors, seatings, exteriors, acoustics etc).
- Ability to work in matrix organization.
- Result-oriented team player with strong communication skills in English and or any other foreign language.
Apply to company site