.NET SOFTWARE FACTORY MANAGER – IT 11102
FAURECIA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
“Technical Perfection and automotive passion” is what defines Faurecia. We design, engineer and provide the best in technology, systems and services for automobile makers in every major market on all five continents. If you share our ambition for technical perfection and our passion for all things automotive, Faurecia has a career for you.
“Faurecia, a driving force…for your professional growth.”
Our GIS division is looking for a .net software factory manager for its R&D SITE AT INDIA PUNE LOCATION.
Main purpose of the job:<?xml:namespace prefix = “o” ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” />
· The .net software factory manager coaches, mentors, and leads a developer team to deliver and improve applications development.
· Establishes and maintains effective communication with executives and team members to ensure team needs are being met. Keeps executive-level management informed of progress and problems
· He /she works extensively with CWS project managers based mainly in Europe to analyze enhancement opportunities, business requirements, and recommends technology solutions.
· The individual in the role will manage a group of about 10 .net developers, providing technical leadership and day-to-day supervision.
· Directs software development projects of varying sizes through development team leads and team members.
· Ensures software projects are completed on time and according to corporate quality standards.
· Facilitates communication upward and across project team including project task status, justifications for variances and technical information (architecture, design and implementation objectives).
· Organizes project tasks through a developed Project Plan and through Agile development methodologies and tools.
· Manages release cycle activities, planning build iterations, delivery of builds into QA, and maintaining defects in the tracking system
· Conducts reviews (code, design, and test) to ensure that the development process is followed and the criteria for product quality are met successfully
· Ensures software projects are completed according to product specifications and are properly documented.
· Implementation of the product satisfies the product specifications.
· Product architecture and implementation is maintainable and extendible to accommodate future development and maintenance (architecture documentation and architecture design review), per product governance criteria.
· Ensures that: a) Documentation gets appropriate level of technical review support b) QA test plans meet the project requirements c) Appropriate development and corporate methods and procedures are followed.
· Manages personnel activities of staff (i.e., hires, trains, appraises, rewards, motivates, disciplines, recommends termination as necessary).
· Direct and contribute to key architectural decisions in collaboration with .net architect in Europe.
· Be involved in the planning process to enhance the solution through technology; identify potential risk areas based on various factors such as timeline, budget, technology constraints, etc.
· Leads the discussions with clients, partners, and internal teams for project-specific activities.
· Participates actively in technical architecture & design to meet the project requirements.
· Develop the implementation framework; help with setting tools and technologies required for the implementation.
· Provides support for code review process to ensure deliverables are of highest standards.
· Support in evangelizing technology offerings, initiatives, and principles.
· Coordinates the team’s work including resource allocation, accurately provide project scope and effort estimates for tasks schedules.
· Provides day to day technical direction, review technical deliverables and resolve technical issues within the team.
· Provides timely and accurate resolution to critical customer issues.
Job Requirements<?xml:namespace prefix = “o” ns = “urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office” />
· Proven experience in C# / .Net framework / MVC
· Proven experience in agile methods, scrum principles and Team Foundation Server
· Proven experience in leading software product development projects.
· Proven experience in search technologies, algorithms, best practices.
· Highest knowledge of current software development design procedures.
· Time management, communications, decision making, presentation, human relations and organization skills.
· Able to resolve problems in a timely manner.
· 7 or more years of experience in software development with 2 or more years in management.
· Background managing teams, preferably including relations with abroad locations.