Job Title: Design Engineer
No. of Vacancies:3
Job ID : 350398
Full time /Part Time: Full time
Regular /Temporary: Regular
About Sandvik Group
Sandvik is a high-technology, engineering group with advanced products and world-leading positions within selected areas. Worldwide business activities are conducted through representation in more than 130 countries. Sandvik’s operations are based on unique expertise in materials technology and extensive insight into customer processes. This combination has provided world-leading positions in selected areas – tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for the mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials as well as process systems.
Sandvik Group URL: www.sandvik.com
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. While discussing the best opportunity for you today, we are already thinking ahead to the best opportunity for you tomorrow. So now we challenge you: Think one step further, and then take it!
Sandvik Coromant in Pune, India is looking for a
Sandvik Coromantoffers world class products for turning, milling, drilling and tool holding. In addition we are able to provide extensive process and application knowledge within machining. This is what has positioned us as the market leader in our industry. Sandvik Coromant in India started its operation in July 8th, 1960 in Pune. The company is since many years ISO 9001 certified and got its ISO 14001 environmental certificate in October 2000. The production plant in Pune for manufacturing of high tech indexable carbide cutting tools and inserts has recently been upgraded to the latest modern technology of international standard.
The Sandvik Coromant operations in India covers all India and neighbouring countries of Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan and Sri Lanka. Sandvik Coromant in India, being operational since the very beginning of 1960 have created a wide and strong leadership platform for the core business of metal cutting carbide tools for the metalworking industry. The main customer base is within the automotive and ancillaries, defence sector, die & mould manufacturing and general mechanical engineering industry.
Key performance areas
Main responsibilities to handle in this role:
- Support the sales team and customers with engineering and specialized solutions measured in terms of sales pertaining to machine investments, special tools and total customer satisfaction as expressed in success factors by offering design & drawings of engineered specials to customers
- Responsible for manufacturing design by evaluation of enquiries in terms of complete information, business Strategy & feasibility.
- Create appropriate manufacturing design drawing.
- Create 3D models of standard and special products according to ISO / DIN and Customer specific requirements.
- Support with Proposal, Manufacturing and 3D to C to Global Design Offices in Europe , USA and Asia.
- To make best proposal and manufacturing drawing based on inputs given by stake holders by using UG/NX.
- Support field sales in the preparation of concept and understanding application of special tools.
- Interaction with production units from design perspective.
- Act as a role model/coach for PIEs and FSEs in terms of right design for the tool.
- Document the activities and results pertaining to other specific assignments/projects.
- Ensure the proper process of Special Tools with in the assigned area.
- To make 3D models according to ISO/DIN and customer specific requirements.
Important Aspects Of The Role Are:
Within Organization Context –
- Supporting Sales Team and Customers, Global Design Offices in Europe, USA and Asia.
Critical Success Factors
- Experience in UG & NX in cutting tools is must.
- Be Creative, Think different,
- Try new ways & means, Respond, and don’t be silent.
- Oral & written communication
- Supportive, Enthusiast & Energetic Nature
- Graduate in Mechanical / Production Engineering from accredited university / Board preferred. Diploma Holders with exceptional talent and relevant skills can also be considered
- Have around 3 years of experience in metal cutting – Design
- Fair knowledge in NX, AUTO CAD, UG, Machine Tool.
- Have good communication skills with strong interpersonal relations.
- Be a team player.
Reports to: DGM – Design Center, Sandvik Coromant
Sandvik offers a competitive total compensation package including comprehensive benefits. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
You may upload your updated profile in PeopleSoft through your ESS login, no later than April 03, 2017.
Please send your application by registering on our site www.sandvik.com/careerand uploading your CV against JO No. 350398 before April 03, 2017.
Deadline: 3 Apr