Job Title: Technical Support Engineer
Job ID : 348019
Full time /Part Time: Full time
Regular /Temporary: Regular
About Sandvik Group
Sandvik is a high-technology, engineering group with advanced products and world-leading positions within selected areas. Worldwide business activities are conducted through representation in more than 130 countries. Sandvik’s operations are based on unique expertise in materials technology and extensive insight into customer processes. This combination has provided world-leading positions in selected areas – tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for the mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials as well as process systems.
Sandvik Group URL: www. sandvik. com
At Sandvik, we offer you a world of opportunities. Our diverse businesses and global network enable you to explore your potential and thrive. While discussing the best opportunity for you today, we are already thinking ahead to the best opportunity for you tomorrow. So now we challenge you: Think one step further, and then take it!
Sandvik Mining & Rock Technology in Gurgaon, India is looking for a
Senior Design Engineer
Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a leading global supplier of equipment, tools, service, and technical solutions for the mining industry. The product offering covers rock drilling, rock cutting, rock crushing, loading and hauling and materials handling.
Key performance areas
Typical issues to handle as Technical Support Engineer in this role:
- All the tasks are carried out as per safe work procedures and utmost care is taken for personnel safety with 100% PPE compliance. The work environment and equipment’s are safe and that any hazards are identified and suitably rectified prior to the commencement of any task. Any person under supervision is complies with all necessary safety procedures and instructions, both written and verbal.
- Work with Dealers/Sales Areas to define customer needs during life cycle for wheeled and tracked mobile units
- Visit sites and provide technical assistance in commissioning and start up whenever required
- Provide training in service and maintenance of equipment
- Provide inputs for manuals and technical documentation
- Follow up on aftermarket sales, co-ordinate with internal team on spare parts
- Monitoring of equipment performance, keeping up to date data on equipment performance and provide necessary feedback
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point and Lotus Notes
- Good communication skills
- Positive attitude
Important Aspects Of The Role Are:
- Travelling is involved on an average of 6/10 days in a month.
- Degree/ Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- At least 5-8 years’ Service experience on Crushing and Screening
- Mechanical Engineering related hydraulic, pneumatics etc knowledge, Electrical knowledge
Internal relationships: – Assembly Centre, Sourcing Team, Design Team in India, Service and After Market Team in UK
External relationships: – Dealers/Sales Area
Sandvik offers a competitive total compensation package including comprehensive benefits. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
You may upload your updated profile in PeopleSoft through your ESS login, no later than January 10, 2017
Please send your application by registering on our site www. sandvik. com/career and uploading your CV against JO No. 348019 before January 10, 2017.
Deadline: 10 Jan