Area Sales Manager, Lifestyle Audio use desktop mode for better experience
Company Name: HARMAN India Company
Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
Retail & Distribution Sales:
The Manager of Distribution & Retail will be responsible for Implementing the overall Strategic sales plan, targets and tools to monitor Sales achievements. The person would be also be responsible for the following activities:
- Overall responsible for revenue through multiple Distribution & Retail channels in Respective States/ of India assigned to him/her.
- Identifying and building strategic partnerships that can help in incremental growth with strong focus on sale out
- Build strong relationship with all General Trade Distributors and ensure strong Retail presence of all Harman Lifestyle SKUs
- Sourcing SKUs strategically and distributing across channels
- Exclusive and mass tie-ups with partners to maximize Harman’s revenue, growth and visibility.
- Participate in developing and updating Harman product choices for respective channels.
- Should keep him/her self-updated with market and competition landscape.
- Take complete ownership of service and replacements across channels and work with the support team towards minimizing the same.
- Liaise with marketing team to ensure all Retail channels get required marketing support to sell Harman products.
- Ensuring consistent growth in market penetration & Brand visibility across the region.
- Maintain Monthly reports of Distributors Purchase & Sales for internal sales analysis.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Since this is a new function in India, the proposal is to have 1-2 DRs in a period of next 2 years. However, this role is new and may change in scope and hence the incumbent will be expected to respond to the business dynamics in consultation with the LS BU Head and adapt the Org Plan appropriately.
- End Customer Outreach
- Distribution 3.0 – influencing sales through Retailers & end-customers
- Architect and communicate sales strategy and channel it through Regional Distribution partners and Key account Retailers.
- Bring long-term changes in the way customers have been buying Harman products.
- Effectively tap the Untapped Sectors – market development
- Represent and provide market exposure to Harman Brand at industry events, conferences, and trade shows etc.
- Liaise with end-customer communities, influencer groups, influence public and govt. policy
- Develop contacts into industry bodies and lobby
- Explore joint venture marketing / sales strategies
- Marketing – Responsible for online, offline, mobile, social, tv, radio, newspaper, leaflets – all media
- Candidate should have experience in Product Planning and Analytics.
- Distribution & Retail Experience Direct or Agency
- Retention Loyalty programs, revenue generation
- Coordination with Marketing and Creative Team
· Extensive Sales & Distribution experience in multiple market sales, required. Preferred industries; electronics manufacturing, consumer electronics, computer hardware, automotive and other relevant industries.
· Dynamic builder of relationships with customers, with track record of identifying new areas of opportunity and negotiating complex business deals for mutual benefit.
· Provides updated market feedback to the vertical market and target market specialists.
· Interfaces with sales, marketing and engineering to leverage their knowledge and efforts to maximize sales launches.
Basic Qualifications: List the minimum and desired education (including degrees, licenses, certification or registrations) and experience needed to perform the key responsibilities of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred.
- 5-10 plus years of progressive experience in sales / business development roles in multiple markets.
- Ideal candidate should have proficient computer experience (Excel, Access, Word, Internet, (Power Point).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong administrative proficiency and customer liaise skills.
- Strategically and operationally strong – Ability to synthesize complex information into a simple strategy and then execute and communicate against this strategy.
- Strong consumer products orientation – Keen understanding of consumer wants and needs, that can be applied to creating market-winning retail sales strategies.
- Solid planning and organization skills – Ability to manage complex projects and schedules necessary with this global retail operations role.
- Good collaboration skills – Ability to collaborate with people and teams from all functions within Harman plus full range of industry consumer customers.
- Demonstrated creativity and out-of-the box thinking – Constantly pushing new ideas and programs to solve sales and market challenges.
- Business acumen – Solid business and financial background.
- Travel : About 70% travel required by the ideal candidate