Job Title:Design Engineer
No. of Vacancies: 1
Full time /Part Time:Full time
SANDVIK COROMANT is the world’s leading supplier of tools, tooling solutions, and knowhow to the manufacturing industry. Our customers, which include major manufacturers within aerospace, automotive, medical, energy and general engineering, rely on us to provide the highest level of knowledge, service and support to help them achieve their goals for productivity and profitability. With extensive investments in research and development, we bring game-changing technologies and solutions to a dynamic industry driven by a demand for constant innovation. We have 8,000 employees and are represented in 130 countries, uniquely positioning us to set the industry standard for high technology manufacturing now and for the future. Sandvik Coromant is part of the business area Sandvik Machining Solutions within the 150-year old global industrial group Sandvik.
Sandvik Coromant in India started its operation in July 8th, 1960 in Pune. The company is
since many years ISO 9001 certified and got its ISO 14001 environmental certificate in
October 2000. The production plant in Pune for manufacturing of high tech indexable carbide
cutting tools and inserts has recently been upgraded to the latest modern technology of
The Sandvik Coromant operations in India covers all India and neighbouring countries of
Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan and Sri Lanka. Sandvik Coromant in India, being operational
since the very beginning of 1960 have created a wide and strong leadership platform for
the core business of metal cutting carbide tools for the metalworking industry. The main
customer base is within the automotive and ancillaries, defence sector, die & mould
manufacturing and general mechanical engineering industry Scope.
Develop and design products, equipment and tools to be able to produce product that meets high quality requirements and performance standards.
Analyses equipment specifications and process requirements to conceive a practical design.
Key Performance areas:
- Reviews product development requirements for compatibility with methods to determine cost and schedules.
- Integrates equipment and material capabilities to meet module target specifications and technology target specifications.
- Responsible for handing over method/process and equipment to production.
- Utilizes CAD (Computer Aided Design) or CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) systems to model new designs and produce detailed engineering drawings.
- Specifies precise new product functional requirements; designs, tests and integrates components to produce final designs; and evaluates the design’s overall effectiveness, cost, reliability and safety.
- Designs, develops, executes and evaluates fitness-for-use testing, product specifications and process validation plans; creates and reviews material part specifications and bills of materials
- Collaborates with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers and product.
- Ensures compliance with established industry safety and design standards and guidelines.
1. Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering.
2. Have around 1-3 years of experience in cutting tool or related industry.
3. Must have License & certification in SAP, UG-NX 8.5 , Team Center 10.1
4. Knowledge of AUTOCAD is additional advantage.
5. Have hands on experience for SAP EPLM
6. Good working knowledge in UG-NX for CAD & CAM
7. Have knowledge working in Team Center
8. Awareness about ISO certification
9. Have knowledge of designing of gauges & fixtures
10. Should be able to work in a team.
11.Self-motivated and result oriented person.
This position reports to Manager – Manager, Preparation Engineering, Inserts Production.
Sandvik offers a competitive total compensation package including comprehensive benefits.
In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training,as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
You may upload your updated profile in PeopleSoft through your ESS login, no later than
November 26, 2017.
Please send your application by registering on our site www.sandvik.com/careerand
uploading your CV against JO No. 356137before November 26, 2017.